Wednesday 17 July 2013

And the ghost is clear!

Yes, I said ghost. My knee injury has been haunting me since I was still at school and it is finally gone! I had another chiropractor appointment today after work and the doc said he couldn't find any signs of scar tissue. He said that if anything feels off, to go see him right away so we can prevent any future damage, but from here on in it's back to the grind. Coming off that injury smarter, I think I now know the importance of properly building a base, listening to your body and going easy when you need to. I have a long build ahead of me but I also have a full year to do so and I am looking forward to the days ahead. A couple months from now I will be back in school and injury free and it will be like nothing happened (besides a loss of fitness of course). I am racing in Toronto this weekend, which I am super pumped and nervous for, but the training is going to have to stay on the easy side to make sure I don't over do it. I basically trained through the Timmins Triathlon and realized that I am completely out of shape, which the results showed, so I will have to be patient. Can't express how excited I am to be fit to train again and I couldn't have done it without the help of Dr. Mike Poplovic (hope I spelled that right) from Timmins Chiropractic and without the support from my family, friends and of course, my coach Buddy Green. Hopefully, now that I can finally get back into the swing of things I will update this blog more often.

Until next time,
Matt Mahaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment