Thursday 28 March 2013

Provincials: Day 1

One down, five and relays to go! I did the 1500m tonight in 20:23 (unofficial) which I am really happy with. I was hoping to go under 20mins but considering that this is the first time I've ever raced more than 400m (excluding triathlon) I would say mission accomplished! Tomorrow I am doing the 100m free in the morning and the 50m and 400m free in the afternoon. I'm probably also going to be put is some relays so it should be a long day.

Here are some details on today:

Sleep: ~9-9.5hrs
Breakfast: Vector cereal and an apple
Lunch: Turkey sandwich on twelve grain, 2 yogurts, couple granola bars, goldfish crackers, orange juice
Dinner: Pasta with tomato sauce ~4hrs before race, ~2hrs before warm-up
Post-race: Cliff bar, granola bar
Hydration for the day: Water and a tiny bit of gatorade

Warm-up: 
  • 400fr
  • 100k/200drill/100k
  • 100fr/100im/100bk/100build fr
  • 8x50 as [easy breath every 3/build/easy breath 3/strong]
Race: Did like Ken said, ~300 feeling light/~500 a little harder/finish at that pace or give a little more (depending on feel). Towards the end I started feeling a little cramped in my right side, which could have added a few seconds but good otherwise. Definitely much tougher mentally than sprinting.

No comments:

Post a Comment