Monday 1 April 2013

Time for a break

So yesterday I jumped on the bike for an easy hour spin. It felt great and I am glad that I am still feeling strong on the bike, it's just too bad that I can't keep a good stretch going. This morning in the pool was pretty much recovery from the weekend and the workout went well for the most part but about halfway through my knee started to bother me so I pulled the rest of the workout. I was really looking forward to some solid running and biking this week too. And as if that wasn't enough, the weather got cold again and all the rain from Sunday froze over. As I was biking home from practice I took a nasty spill on some ice. I banged up my right knee, my left quad and took some skin off both my hands. Luckily I was wearing gloves and pants otherwise it would have been much worse. As the title mentioned  I'm going to be taking the week off. I was already debating it after this mornings workout so I figured the bike crash was a sign telling me to take it easy. I spent all day fixing my room mates bike so now I have less time to get my school work done. Sigh. I guess I'd better get to it

Until next time,
Matt Mahaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment