Thursday 30 May 2013

It's about time!

So my knee has finally gotten to the point where it is worth getting checked out, in my opinion. After my hard bike workout two days ago (which I killed) my knee really started bothering me to the point where it was annoying to do core. I don't have any pain, but I think it is safe to say that it needs to be checked out. This issue has been lingering around since I fell over on my bike while still in London. I'm glad it was on and off because it allowed me some time to get a good amount of run and bike fitness back. I don't think it is a very serious issue, and I think the worst case scenario would probably be a month for full recovery. On the other hand, I'm not an expert so I booked an appointment at Timmins Chiropractic. Devin Wittig suggested I go there as that's where he went when he had some issues with his foot, and he said they did a great job. My appointment isn't until Tuesday unfortunately so for now I will just be taking it easy and trying to stay active without aggravating the injury. I didn't do my swim yesterday, just to be safe, or my brick today (as much as I was looking forward to the brick) because I was underground in steel toe boots at work all day and all that blood pooling in my legs really bothered my calves and knee. Up next is the weekend and plenty of recovery so hopefully I can relax for the next few days.

Until next time,
Matt Mahaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment