Tuesday 7 May 2013

School's out for summer

It's been a little while since I've updated this blog so here is a quick update. Since last time I've finished exams and gotten my results back. I have to say, I'm pleased with the majority of my grades and as for the rest, well, they were better than last year! As far as training goes, I am back to running somewhat regularly (although very slowly) and my MCL issue is still lingering, but having increased the intensity the past couple weeks and having no major problems, hopefully it will be gone soon.

I got a summer coop in the maintenance engineering department at Xstrata copper here in Timmins. It is about a 40 min drive to and from work every day and I work from 6:30-3:30 so it should be interesting to see how I manage to fit in all my workouts. Luckily, it seems as though I will only be working Monday through Friday which gives me the chance to go to races which are always on the weekends.

That's all I have for now, but hopefully I can keep updating this blog more consistently.

Until next time,
Matt Mahaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment