Sunday 2 June 2013

Takin' it easy

Like I said in my previous post, I took it easy this weekend due to my knee injury acting up again. It rained all weekend so I did my bike inside on the trainer. I biked for an hour instead of two and around the 45mins mark my knee started bothering me but I switched down a gear and was able to get through the last 15mins. Afterwards it felt alright but I wrapped it for a short period of time. This morning my knee felt ok and since I really wasn't in the mood to run on the treadmill I decided to go out in the rain. I'm glad I did because it felt good and although I didn't bring my Garmin I felt like the pace was pretty solid and felt fairly easy. I only ran for 30mins as opposed to 1hour, but my knee didn't bother me at all and felt pretty good after the run. I still iced it and wrapped it just to make sure. I'm looking forward to my appointment on Tuesday and to hearing what the chiro has to say. I'm hoping he thinks I can get back to it quickly as I was looking to race in 2 or 3 weeks, but if not I will just have to be patient. Toronto isn't for another 6 weeks and I want to be healthy come cross country season so that I have a chance of making the team. My next post will be after my appointment.

Until next time,
Matt Mahaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment